Yoga Next Door Retreats
September 10th to 12th 2021 * Listen & Manifest Yoga Retreat * Bustins Island, Casco Bay Maine
I am incredibly happy to announce I will be able to offer a yoga retreat at Bustins Island at the end of the summer! Bustins is a small island community located off the coast of Freeport Maine. Visiting Bustins takes you back to simpler times – there are only a few vehicles on the island, no power (most cottages run on solar) and the cell signal is limited. Island life is a wonderful setting for hitting pause to be fully present and deepen your yoga practice. Guests can leave regular life behind the moment they step on to the ferry, immerse themselves in the beauty of the Maine coast, and replenish the mind and body with yoga, meditation and nourishing farm to table organic meals. The theme of this retreat will be listening and manifesting your heart’s work. This retreat includes:
- Parking at the Freeport Town Wharf.
- Round trip ferry trip ferry tickets to and from the island.
- Four 90 Minute Vinyasa Yoga & Guided Meditation sessions (1 Friday, 2 Saturday & 1 Sunday)
- Farm to Table Meals prepared by Gail Taisey of Pear Blossom Farm (2 dinners, 2 lite breakfasts & 2 brunches).
- Two night accommodations in the Miller & Petrie cottages.
- Free afternoon Saturday (read or nap in the cottage, go for a walk around this island or for a swim).
Island Yoga Retreat guests stay in rustic Maine cottages in shared rooms (2 people per room). There are a few private rooms available. The cottages have showers and power. Yoga classes will be held in the Community House or outdoors if weather permits. The cost of this retreat is $500 for a shared room and $650 for a private room. This retreat is limited to 13 guests.
Yoga Next Door Retreat Guest Feedback
- The Winter Reset Retreat “Was wonderful! I’m so glad I was there to partake in all the yoga, fresh air sunshine, delicious food and fellowship… I was glowing and refreshed the following day. You are a great hostess in addition to being an exceptional yoga instructor.” – 2020 Retreat Guest
- The yoga classes were “Excellent, the right length & style. I loved how the classes were structured to build on poses before and had many repetitive elements, this helped make it almost meditative.” – 2019 Retreat Guest
- “I loved the focus on the Chakras to build a continuous practice over the weekend. I deeply appreciated the reading and ritual of the essential oils, excellent way to create a container for the class. Jessie leads with calm, authenticity and care. Bravo!” – 2019 Retreat Guest
- “The Winter Reset Retreat was fantastic…..Was it a yoga retreat or a foodie fest? I’ll dream of the dessert at dinner forever. It was absolutely delicious and the presentation was exquisite. We certainly treated our bodies well today! Thank you!” – 2020 Retreat Guest
- “Gail has an amazing ability to provide farm to table with ease and the food was wicked good!” – 2019 Retreat Guest
- “I can’t say enough good things about the food. Amazing and so grateful for non dairy and gluten free options.” – 2019 Retreat Guest
Yoga Next Door Yoga & Winter Cross Country Skiing Retreats
Jessica also offers yoga retreats in North Yarmouth at Yoga Next Door in the winter. The winter retreats are a combination of yoga and cross country skiing at Pineland Farm. For these retreats guests typically arrive Friday afternoon. Friday of the retreats includes intention setting, an afternoon yoga session, and full dinner. The schedule Saturday features a morning yoga session, large brunch, a cross-country ski session, a mid-afternoon snack and a late day yoga session followed by dinner. These retreats conclude with a Sunday morning yoga session and brunch.